Friday, October 3, 2008

Wonderful Years

A few days ago, on something you might call a film night, I have seen a classical Czech film. The Czech readers may know it, it is called Bajecna leta pod psa (Wonderful Years That Sucked, as it might be translated).
The plot is not very complicated, it simply describes the life of what once was a typical Czech family. It is situated in communist times, and the family, mainly the father and elder son, become very comically crazy.
But the main thing about the film, I think, is to show the communist reality from the point of view of people who do not want to interfere with the regime in any way, but are forced to do so.

That's the moment I want to talk about. I realized what a wonderful time we have right now.
Anyone can do whatever he or she wants. Nobody has to attend political meetings. Anyone can travel abroad. No one is subject to persecution for his political views.

Okay, I just love the freedom, and so I felt the need to share it. I am aware of the many drawbacks democracy has. There is nothing more that I wanted to say with this.


By the way, keep your evening free on the 13. of November. It's gonna be big.

"We live in a free world"
Ace of Base: Life is a flower

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it?